Sunday, September 5, 2010

RECOVERY ROAD ARCS

Just got in the first batch of ARCs for my new book RECOVERY ROAD. It looks great. And the blurbs on the back are a writers dream.

A couple of my friends have already run off with copies and so far the reviews are awesome. Scholastic will send out an official ARC mailing at some point so if you are a blogger or reviewer send me your address and I will pass it on to them.

I think Recovery Road is my best "girl book" since GIRL. Madeline is this really funny, bad-assed girl who parties her way into rehab. She can barely be bothered to pay attention, when dark, mysterious Stewart shows up one night at the rehabs "movie night". The two of them are basically major league f--k ups. But that doesn't mean they can't fall in love.

It is based on a real story a friend told me years ago. I love stories when people meet someone at the worst possible times in their lives. When they least expect it, that sort of thing.

Anyway, I am really excited about this book. I hope people will check it out!!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Blake. Looking forward to it, I loved GIRL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cover! Can't wait..love this story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Blake, I'm new to your blog. Just finished Exile and loved it. I'm from Seattle, now living in San Francisco and a big poetry fan so it really struck a chord with me.

    Just wanted to say nice work and I'll check in here when I can to find any new developments on your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love an ARC. I review at http://daisyporter.org/queerya/

    Daisy Porter
    53 Cherry Crest Lane
    San Jose, CA 95136

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Blake! I am soooo glad that you are willing to give arcs to bloggers :) I loved Paranoid Park and have been praising it on my blog- YA Cuz We Write! I have a post coming up tomorrow morning on Paranoid Park- again! Anyway, I would love an ARC of recovery road and would be happy to review it :)

    http://seepamwrite.blogspot.com/

    Can you e-mail me at marquita_hockaday@yahoo.com in order for my address if you are willing to send the arc???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is so great, this book. I rushed home every night to read it, couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen. Sad and funny and moving-and I love Mad Dog Maddie, she's the coolest. How do you do that, become her so well? You're kind of astonishing.

    ReplyDelete